The Merit Badge Counselor is a key player in the BSA advancement program. Whatever an adult’s area of expertise or interest—whether it is a special craft or hobby (Basketry, Leatherwork, Coin Collecting), a profession (Veterinary Medicine, Aviation, Engineering), or perhaps a life skill (Cooking, Personal Management, Communications) — a Merit Badge Counselor plays a vital role in stirring a Scout’s curiosity about a particular topic.
CALLING ALL T179 PARENTS!
You can help your Scout stay interested in Scouting and help him and his friends with their Scout advancement by becoming a Merit Badge Councilor (MBC).
There are 135 different Merit Badges, covering topics from American Business and Accounting to Woodworking and Wilderness Survival.
Questions you may have about becoming a MBC are answered on the link below, or ask Scoutmaster Dan Conway or Asst SM Fred Stine: https://www.gardenstatescouting.org/programs/scoutsbsa/advancement/mbc/
IT’S EASY to do and we could really use more T179 MB Councilors for the December 4th/5th Merit Badge College weekends, and beyond.
- Step #1: Complete BSA Adult Leader application.
- This application must be signed by T179’s Troop Committee Chair Ron Woods and by Frank Jackson, our Troop’s Sponsoring Organization (WUMC).
- Step #2: Register on my.scouting website
- Creating a My.Scouting account allows access to various tools to help manage your involvement in Scouting, including your youth.
- Step #3: Take BSA Youth Protection Training
- Step #4: Register for the Merit Badge(s) you would like to instruct
Please get started right away!
All forms are located in the Docs from WHD or GSC or BSA.
|Name||Merit Badge||Contact Email||Contact Phone|
|Pretium Eleifend||American Businessemail@example.com||856-617-HIKE|
|Erat Cursus||Nuclear Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org||856-617-HIKE|
|Pellentesque Risus||Personal Fitnessemail@example.com||856-617-HIKE|
Merit badge counselors offer their time to make the Scouts of our Troop more well-rounded individuals. Contact them through the central Troop Email Address or with the contact info they share here, and the effort will be initiated by the individual counselor.